Wednesday, September 17, 2008

this adventure

I started writing an assignment for lit class. this is what came out.


I wait beneath this cloud of unknowing
dreaming of dancing with You once again;
Longing for the wind and fire,
the pleasing fragrance of Your name;

You speak to me and call me forth,
"Arise my darling, my beautiful one, and come with me"


Oh rejoice my God! Rejoice my Creator!
Rejoice in the work of Your hands!
This is the plead of my soul, and the cry of my spirit,
the recognition of my purpose in You;


The pain of separation is much too harsh,
the weight of this romance is too much to bear;


Oh that my Beloved would call me to the wilderness!
That He would pour upon me words of life once again!
Refine me, God, with every burning drop of Your love,
grip me with every glance of Your eyes;


This mystery never ceases,
The surface has only been scratched;

So much more than goodness, than righteousness,
than mercy, than grace;
Lofty words do no justice,
who You are is beyond all;


Mighty is Your passion for us,
You are zealous for Your bride;


Awestruck, I am found, gazing on Your glory,
struggling to see as I stare into the sun;
Drawn to Your side, I remember nothing else,
as time escapes the presence of Beauty unfathomable;


You are radiance beyond description; You are LOVE beyond comprehension;
Mighty and Holy and worthy and just, Your majesty abounds all understanding;


My language is meaningless when it comes to You,
nothing I say comes close;
No work can attest to this burning reality,
no sense can be made of these words;


Thanks for knowing my heart.
Thanks for loving it anyway.

No comments: