
We are living today in a world that’s in need. With abortion, pornography, suicide, depression, violence, and poverty existing at tragic levels, our nation and our world are in desperate need. We need hope. We need light. We need fire. We need healing. We need justice. We need transformation.
We need a move of God [Isaiah 52:10].
We are existing in an urgent hour right now. Apathy and complacency will no longer cut it [Eph. 5:14, Amos 6:1]. God’s heart for us is passionate, and He’s raising up lovers and intercessors who will cry out just as passionately back to Him for an outpouring of His Spirit and for cultural transformation [Joel 2]. He is calling forth individuals who will actively engage in their culture and community, and who will shine as lights in darkness to proclaim this message of hope. He’s calling us to burn and its going to be beautiful.
My heart has been gripped with this truth, and I believe God has called me to a specific and special opportunity coming up this January. I am going to be participating in a program called the Burn Internship here in Fredericksburg, VA. The focuses of the Burn are worship, intercession, the prophetic, and compassion. Throughout a period of 6 months, the interns will dive deep into the life of prayer and the way of intimacy with Christ [read John 15]. Worship and intercession will not just be events, but rather a way of life. We will also be actively serving the community with weekly ministry to the poor, homeless, sick and oppressed here in Fredericksburg, as well as in D.C. We will serve outside the community as well, through time spent ministering and serving in Bosnia and Israel. Burn interns will also staff Awaken the Dawn--an annual gathering/ministry of Grace Church of Fredericksburg--as well as working intensely with the Fredericksburg Prayer Furnace--a 24/7, night and day prayer movement being birthed in Fredericksburg. Interns will also take several foundational courses during the internship, and passionately pursue the understanding and knowledge of God, the mind of Christ, and the work of the Holy Spirit.
[for even more info about the internship check out www.theprayerfurnace.org/ministries/burn]
This internship is something I’m excited about for obvious reasons, but also because I feel it is something God is calling me specifically to. I’ve received multiple words of knowledge from God through different people about this, as well as my own personal convictions, and even through dreams.
I’m sharing this with you because I want you to be involved in my life. I want my family and friends to know just what I’m up to and what’s going on with me. And I want the same for you. It’s called community and its important.
I also share this as a request.
1. This is a request for your prayer and intercession.
Prayer/intercession/worship are the pulse and the heartbeat of this internship. I could neither ask for, nor receive anything more important than this. So I ask you: please pray for us. For all of us on this journey together, for the challenges we will face, and for strength and humbleness and peace and passion. We need your prayers above anything else. Prayer can shift atmospheres and win battles.
Prayer changes things.[James 5:18]
2. This is also a request for support.
God is a good God. He’s a good Father, and I have no doubt He will provide. So I’m asking, in faith, that you would consider supporting me in this time of service and growth.
The total cost of the internship is $4200.00. This covers housing and food for 6 months as well as the cost of the mission work. While this is very reasonable considering what it includes, it is still a pretty big chunk of money.
This cost also does not include any personal living expenses I may encounter. With the internship being a full time commitment, I will not be able to work, and will rely solely on the support I raise.
There is a minimum deposit of $500 that I will need to raise by November 14, and I will also need to have raised the remaining sum of the tuition upon my arrival on January 4, 2009.
I encourage you to really seek God out in prayer on this issue, and see how He calls you to respond.
It’s a serious need, but I am already thankful for what I know He will provide in His faithfulness.
Regardless of how God speaks to you about this need, I thank you also. I thank you for taking the time to learn about something I will be involved in, and I thank you for being involved in my life.
I will be updating on my progress and preparation for this internship mostly via internet.
[myspace, facebook, this blog, etc….if you don’t have the links to my pages don’t hesitate to ask]
Also, if you have any other questions about what I’m doing or any encouragements or words of knowledge that God has given you about this for me, please let me know! :]
My email address is: kbr267@email.vccs.edu
Don’t hesitate to ever come to me about any prayer requests you may have either. I love listening to and praying for people. :]
Any checks can be made out to “Fredericksburg Prayer Furnace” and sent to:
Burn Internship
PO Box 4151
Fredericksburg, VA 22402
**If you do send a check, please attach a note indicating that the money is to go toward my (Kaylah Rodriguez’s) Burn internship ’09 tuition, even if you write my name in the memo.
I love you guys. Jesus loves you way more. Isn’t it great?
xoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxo
lovelovelove
--Kaylah
“Awake my soul! Awake, harp and lyre! I will awaken the dawn. I will praise You, O Lord, among the nations; I will sing of You among the peoples. For great is Your love, reaching to the heavens; Your faithfulness reaches to the skies. Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let Your glory be over all the earth”
--Psalm 57:8-11
2 comments:
Hey,
This is Gabs. I hope you don't mind me reading your blog. Please keep writing, you're inspiring and blessing me more than you know through what He writes through you :) You are more than welcome to read/comment my blog anytime, I'd love to hear from you!
http://www.compelledbylove.wordpress.com
ohh thank you so much lovely!! that means so much to me :]. and for the record: I DO actually want to buy your book!..and I'm planning on it as soon as I get a few extra bucks in my pocket. <3
Post a Comment